All Schlumpf hubs have two gear-ratios: Direct Drive 1:1 and Overdrive 1:1.5 - This means: a 20" wheel works like a 30" in high gear mode, or a 24" is like a 36", a 29" will run like a 44" and a 36" like a 54"!
You change gear by pushing the Gold or Silver coloured shift buttons (at the axle bolts), with a little practice you can change gear with your feet while riding.
This hub was developed in collaboration with Kris Holm, who spent over a year testing and refining the hub. This is why you find both the Kris Holm and the Schlumpf Innovations logos on the hub. This hub has been designed to be strong and robust enough for muni, and will cope with jumps of up to 5 feet (1.5m) - depending of your style of jumping and landing!
Completely re-designed for 2017, the KH-Schlumpf geared hub adds an entirely new dimension to your riding. The second gear increases versatility by increasing your top speed without losing any climbing torque or maneuverability in first gear. Designed for both on- and offroad use. Hand made in Switzerland in collaboration with Schlumpf Innovations.
New for 2017:
- Standard hub (100 mm)
- Standard model is compatible with the External Disc Brake (EDB) standard
- Improved bearing and flange durability
- Axle bolts are now compatible with larger 8 mm hex key
- New torque block (small protruding nub) in the knurled bearing securely locks it within the frame bearing housing
- The 2017 Standard KH/Schlumpf hub is compatible with all KH frames produced since 2012. Minor modification may be required to the bearing housings of other frames to fit the torque block.
The KH-Schlumpf hub comes with a knurled surface and Torque block on the left bearing: When clamped tight in the bearing cups of the frame, this surface and torque block hold the reaction torque of the planetary gearing system securely in place. Gear shift buttons and shifting shaft are made of strong steel with reinforced design to withstand even hard off-road use. The hubs are sealed against dust and water spray. Every hub comes with a lubrication hole sealed with a screw, Schlumpf recommends lubricating at least once a year.
Schlumpf upgraded the hub over the years. The 2017 version comes with more lateral space, which allows installation in most frames without any adaption of frames.
* Axle System: ISIS
* Color: Black
* Diameter Axle: 22mm
* Bearing pitch: 100mm (center - center)
* Spoke holes: 36
* Bearing width: 12mm
* Bearing Diameter outside: 42mm
* Bearing Diameter inside: 22mm
* Gear Ratios: 1:1 and 1:1.5
* Crank bolts: M12 incl. hole for the shifting shaft (6mm Allen key)
* Weight: 1870g (incl. bolts/Shift Button)