29" Kris Holm MUni Unicycle - BLACK
With ultra-durable components including one of the strongest 29" rims available and a frame with a one-piece forged crown the KH29 is one tough cookie. The KH29 rolls smoothly over bumps and is a faster choice for cross-country or a combination of on/offroad riding.
The KH29 is a top quality unicycle designed for cross-country muni, downhill racing, or as an all-around muni for taller riders. The high volume, Duro Crux 3.25 inch tire is well supported by a strong yet lightweight, 55 mm wide rim and feels stable and forgiving. The aggressive tread pattern grips securely in mud but, combined with a rounded tire profile, still corners smoothly on pavement, slickrock and compact dirt. The external disc brake is a major advantage on the larger wheel of the KH29 because it allows wider hub flange spacing, maximizing wheel strength.
Recommended for riders wanting a versatile cross-country unicycle, downhill racing, or as an all-around muni for taller riders.
- One-piece forged, 7005 alloy frame crown and neck for high strength without bulk
- Rounded fork blades and forged crown provide “plus size” tire clearance in a slim profile frame
- One-piece forged CrMo Spirit hub for strength and reliability
- External Disc Brake and 180 mm rotor for high wheel strength and easy maintenance
- Fusion One saddle for bike-like saddle performance with a one-piece forged Pivotal seatpost for high strength and easy adjustability
- 55 mm wide rim for high tire stability
- 29 inch x3.25 inch Duro Crux tire (81 mm measured width) provides massive grip, shock absorbency and smooth cornering, without feeling clumsy or hard to control.
- Compatible with KH/Schlumpf geared hub (not included)
Saddle: Kris Holm 'Fusion-One' Unicycle Saddle - Black
Seatpost: Kris Holm Pivotal one-piece forged. 27.2 x 320mm.
Seatpost Clamp: Kris Holm 'Doublebolt' Seatpost Clamp - Black
Frame: 29" Kris Holm 'Aluminium' one-piece forged fork crown and neck Unicycle Frame with disc brake mount
Brake: Shimano Deore-level Hydraulic Disc Brake (Europe) with a 180mm Disc Brake Rotor (fitted)
Wheel-size: 29" (700c)
Tyre: Duro Crux 29 x 3.25"
Rim: 29" Kris Holm 'Freeride' Rim
Spokes: Black Stainless Steel with nickel plated brass nipples (14G)
Hub: Kris Holm 'Spirit' ISIS Hub
Cranks: Kris Holm 'Spirit' ISIS Cranks - 127/150mm (Dual Hole, disk brake compatible)
Pedals: Kris Holm 'Studded' Plastic Pedals - Clear
Recommended leg length sizes for unicycle:
Standard seatpost: Minimum - 96cm (37.8"), Maximum - 106cm (41.7")
Cutdown seatpost: Minimum - 79cm (31.1")
These sizes are measured from crotch to floor wearing shoes
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
General Unicycle maintenance
Unicycles are not complicated but they do take a little bit of maintaining. Here are some of the key points:
Stop riding immediately and tighten! If these are left they will destroy the cranks and hub. The creak comes ...
Kris Holm Unicycle Instructions
Please select your Unicycle from the list below.
All our instructions are PDF based, you will need a PDF viewer to use the links below. We recommend Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is a free, trusted global standard for viewing PDFs. You can downlo...
The history of Mountain Unicycling (MUni)
Article written by Roger Davies for UniMagazine
What is MUni?
Muni is the riding of unicycles off road, but it does vary dramatically. Some riders ride along canal tow paths other throw them selves down the mountain bike black run...